Bundestag election 2017

Postal ballot

Application must be filed with municipal authority

An application has to be filed with the municipal authority of your main residence.

Persons entitled to vote who are entered in a voters’ register do not need a specific reason to exercise their right to vote by post. They may do so also when they are temporarily abroad. To this end, they have to apply to the municipality of their main residence for a polling card to be issued. A reason does not have to be given anymore.

Postal ballot documents will automatically be enclosed with the polling card.

Alternatively, a polling card can be used to vote in any other polling district of the constituency.



Establishment of the election result

Legal bases

Sections 25, 28 of the Federal Electoral Regulations (BWO)